Goal Group Modern Slavery Act 2015 Policy Statement
Goal is committed to the highest level of ethical standards and sound governance arrangements and sets high standards of impartiality, integrity and objectivity in relation to the stewardship and the management of its activities.
Goal adopts zero tolerance to modern slavery and human trafficking and all forms of corruption and bribery directly and indirectly associated with these criminal acts.
We fully support the governments objectives to eradicate modern slavery and human trafficking.
We call upon all organisations we engage with to influence their global supply chains by improving transparency and accountability; and together we can help the government eradicate the injustice and brutality of modern slavery and human trafficking.
We have completed a review of this policy and statement against our activities to establish whether the approach we have taken follows emerging best practice by:
- Assessing and interpreting any recent or emerging case law and best practice.
- Benchmarking our activities against statements and action plans undertaken by similar public and private organisations.
- Re-evaluating the risk of non-compliance as part of our cyclical Compliance & Risk policy assessments.
- Reconfirmed that our primary risk is in association with a Delivery Partner, Framework participant or company with an ambiguous or non-complaint supply chain.
- Introduced new processes and procedures in relation to procurement and due diligence.
Management responsibility and general awareness
- Report progress to our Executive Management Team and our Board
- Continue to raise awareness of this published statement by re-notifying organisations in our supply chain and other companies with which we regularly engage.
- Remind employees of our obligations under the Act and ensure ongoing training.
- Act promptly where a compliance breach has been identified or flagged.
- Continue to feed-back lessons learnt into the compliance risk management process.