Goal Global Recoveries Limited
Securities class actions are becoming a global phenomenon and to date we have recovered over USD315 million in compensation for our clients. Indeed, whilst class action law suits have historically been U.S.-centric we now have cases in several geographies including Australia, Canada, Belgium, Japan, Taiwan, Denmark, France, Israel and the Netherlands.
It is now more important than ever that investment advisors, trustees and fund managers are able to demonstrate business integrity, financial transparency and strong corporate governance as an integral part of fulfilling their fiduciary duties to protect the assets in their scheme.
Our research demonstrates that circa 24% of claims that could be filed by entitled parties are left unprocessed and unrecovered, despite opinion that institutional investors are legally obliged to instigate such claims on behalf of their clients. Between 2000 and 2011, almost USD17 billion in settlements, to which shareholders were entitled, were not reclaimed.
We offer a truly global service which includes the initial alert notification through to the completion and submission of the relevant claim documentation and subsequent collection of the compensation monies. Our bespoke software is developed and maintained in-house and it includes case management workflow capability which ensures truly accurate submissions of claims and updating of clients reports.
Our research team analyse over 600 websites daily, with direct feeds from multiple sources including pre-eminent law firms, claims administrators, litigation funding firms and international news feeds.
The ruling made in the U.S. Supreme Court in the NAB v. Morrison case in June 2010, restricted opportunities for non-U.S. investors to receive compensation via class action settlements for losses suffered in non-U.S. securities that were traded on non-U.S. markets. This type of recovery is no longer supported by the U.S. legal system. As a result many investors are seeking some other means of obtaining compensation, either through commencing a class action in other jurisdictions, or through a foundation-negotiated settlement.
Non-U.S. cases are now becoming a regular source of interest for our client base due to the complexity and difficulty in sourcing accurate and meaningful information on these specific types of action. Due to the global partnerships we have in place, our clients are kept up to date and fully informed of any updates with regards to non-U.S. cases.
Our on-line client portal incorporates the following information and we can readily arrange a Webex demonstration to you and your colleagues if required:
- Alerts of new, updated and lead plaintiff opportunities. Our Alerts specify the ISIN/CUSIP codes of the Company together with the class period, settlement fund and proof of claim deadline where applicable. All Alerts issued since 1st January 2008 are available on-line.
- A current case settlement diary providing an overview of all impending cases including details on the proof of claim deadline, settlement fund etc.
- Client activity statement detailing the status of all ongoing and collected claims. Where possible we will also advise you of the compensation you can reasonably expect to recover based upon our experience.
- All invoices issued by us to you.
- As part of our ISO9001 accreditation and premier service delivery we also show all of your current and closed queries which are tracked via our in-house DART application.
To date we have recovered over USD280 million in compensation for our clients which in many instances has had a material impact on the value and performance of the underlying funds.
For further information, please contact Stephen Everard by email at email@example.com. Alternatively, contact Goal Group on +44 (0) 20 8760 7130